"Addressing Systemic Racism & Oppression in Spiritual Communities" on Dream Freedom Beauty with Natalie Ross
In this talk Natalie & Virginia discuss her viral article Converting Hidden Spiritual Racism Into Sacred Activism: An Open Letter To Spiritual White Folks.
We intend to start a bigger conversation with this episode, where we can expand and deepen the connections in all of our spiritual communities through becoming more aware and more present in engaging in spiritual practice as sacred activism. We talk about:
- How we can work together to heal the collectively unresolved trauma and wounds of racism and oppression in our society
- What is sacred activism and how are spirituality and activism connected?
- In what ways are escapism and avoidance masquerading as spirituality?
- Solutions and suggestions for possible ways to do better than what the status quo offers
- How groups and gatherings play a role in this collective healing transformation
- How you can make strides towards compassion and peace
"The thing I most want to help you know is, the magic IS you. You truly ARE the magic. And I am magic, the guru over there is magic, that expert on that show is magic, but most importantly, YOU are magic. You are the one with everything you need to fully live your purpose and be fulfilled beyond your wildest dreams. You are the only one you truly need."
Recorded: August 18, 2016